Scientific research has always been part of the activities of A.I.C.E. Consulting, and is aimed at promoting innovation in all the main areas of intervention of the Company, namely civil, architectural and engineering planning, diagnostics and instrumental monitoring, with the aim of constantly improving the quality of services that we offer.
mong the research projects developed since the early nineties, we can mention:
- Research for an innovative hydraulic risk control and prevention system;
- Research and development of an ultrasound system with tomographic processing techniques for diagnostics in the civil and monumental construction sector;
- Development of a nonlinear finite element calculation code for an innovative structural analysis of masonry constructions;
- Research and development of a single-channel self-monitoring system called EasyMonitor.
Starting from 2011, A.I.C.E. Consulting participates in research projects for the European Union, research institutes and government agencies, as SMEs (SME -small and medium-sized enterprises).
The research in which we are involved as a partner currently concerns:
- the development of innovative solutions for bridges, viaducts and infrastructures,
- the use of building materials and technologies aimed at sustainable development and energy saving,
- the experimentation of innovative tools with BIM (Building Information Modeling) for the design and control of quality and efficiency in the construction sector.
The projects usually have a four-year development and involve the involvement of international research consortia, which include Universities, Organizations and Research Centres, Construction Companies, Design Firms, SMEs, Industries and Companies with a high technological content.